Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Bum Tree


Boys are different from girls...
no matter what the head shrinkers,
the public school system and Oprah tell you...
they are different!

In our household, we have three children. The girl is 13. She acts like a girl. She is a girly-girl...which I love! The boys are 11 and soon to be 9. They act like animals boys. I have found similar likenesses in various families....so it just isn't *our fault*. I think it is a common experience amongst most parents. They look down at their male offspring and shake their heads, every now and then.

If you can relate to what I am saying, you will also know that the idea of bums, butts, cracks and the like are extremely fascinating to boys. Such words have our daughter scowl in discust, but have the boys rolling on the floor in fits of laughter.

We ran across this interesting tree last year. We re-visited it this year. As you can see, there was great triumph and joy in finding *The Bum Tree* again.

What can I say?

*shrug*

More training is obviously needed...

but we struggle ourselves as jars of clay.

I must confess....

The Bishop & I were equally amused!!


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! Preparing for Kid's Church @ 11:25pm on Sunday Night...this made my heart smile!

joy

3:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Few more smiles in this direction too.
Cheers

4:27 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Gotta love those boys!! lol

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home