Thursday, September 06, 2007

My Empty Nest...


Talk about tramatic....nobody is home!!!

This morning I had to say goodbye to my three children, as I sent them off to Christian school. I know there are a lot of mothers out there that look forward to school being back in so they can send their offspring back into the hands of others....I am not one of them.

I have homeschooled these kids for the past two years and although there were times of stress, tears and even torment...there were also times of joy. The joy of having my children with me during the day. To hear them playing after their lessons, to hear them laughing, even to hear them bickering. Our house was full of their presence....but now it stands empty, with only me.

I packed up their lunch boxes, filled their new backpacks, prayed with them and took numerous photos of them before The Bishop drove them off to school. I stood on the front deck, bawling my eyes out. There is something about sending my kids off that doesn't make sense. They are mine. I miss them and they have just been gone a couple of hours.

I am making some fresh muffins for their return from school today and I have a chicken all ready to go for dinner. I will be picking them up today and I am looking forward to having them back with me. To hear their stories about their new friends, teachers and classrooms.

I adore our children.

My heart is aching as I type this and of course, true to being me...
I am crying.

I praise God for the blessings He has given to us in those three children....


I can't wait until they are home and my nest is full again!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I remember the year when my husband sent our children to Christian Senior High School after 6 years of homeschooling. I cried for months while they were in school, I missed their presence and the opportunity to learn together so much.

12:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean!!

It is just not the same without them around...24/7!! lol

9:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home