Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Weight a Minute!!!


How do you like the catchy title of my post? I was rather pleased with myself for coming up with that!! :)

I have been away over the weekend to a conference on prayer...which was very good. It is so nice to have your soul fed...especially when one is cutting back on the body's feeding!! ;)

In anycase...just thought I would check in and report that I am now officially down 18.8 lbs. Hopefully break the 19 pound mark in the morning, but for today it stands at 18.8 and I am pleased with that.

Something curious happened to me yesterday. I was home during the day, as usual, then I had to head out in the late afternoon to meet someone, then have a business meeting. I had only eaten very little by the time I left the house around 4 pm, so when we met up, I had an appetizer sized salad with some chicken breast. It was very small but I have noticed how I am so much more satisfied with smaller portions these days. I was more than satisfied and went on to our business meeting feeling very content.

After our meeting, everyone was going out and I was invited because someone wanted to *treat* me. We arrived at the restaurant and the menus were brought out. I was simply not hungry since I had the salad about 4 hours earlier. I looked at the menu and I could not bring myself to order anything but a Diet Coke...which is a treat in itself because I do not drink pop of any kind anymore, only water/tea/coffee.

I watched all the other ladies eating huge platters of nachos covered with cheese, beef or chicken, salsa and all of them ordered extra sour cream. They polished off a family sized serving each....and they are all overweight. I drank my Diet Coke and chatted away gladly. This morning I woke up with my scale showing a 0.8 lb loss.....what sweet victory. I didn't give into temptation (infact, I wasn't even tempted) but kept on plan....and I was rewarded with a loss. Makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

It was just a reminder to me that this is *my* journey. If *they* want to eat unhealthy food, huge portions and keep gaining weight...that is their business. I understand it because that is what I am coming from. But now *I* choose to be healthier, restrict my calories and keep losing weight!!

It was such a victory for me!!! I am still going strong since Jan 1st by never once binging or eating something that I shouldn't. I am SO pleased with that. Self-Control....that is what it is all about on this weightloss journey.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sue B. said...

Way to go Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:31 p.m.  
Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I love the "weigh" you think :)!

12:13 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Thanks ladies!!

I am praising God that He flipped that switch in my head! lol

7:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home