Monday, January 22, 2007

The Dreaded Scale


Not many women I know tend to declare their love for the bathroom scale. Most women shy away from it and view it as an arch enemy. The reason that tends to be so, is because it tells the truth. The plain and simple stark reality of one's weight is right there between your toes. No dark colours or flattering style of clothing to fool anyone. The numbers don't lie!!

I am experiencing something that I have not experienced in a long time. I am actually loving my bathroom scale. That beauty measures right down to the decimal and I love it for that feature. Every day I wake with eagerness to step on that scale and see what magic was wrought due to the previous days eating/exercising regime. This morning was no different. I am so pleased to say that I am now down 16.8 pounds!! And good riddance to them too!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Good for you!

10:34 p.m.  
Blogger Robin said...

Way to go! I wish I could get into the right frame of mind to lose weight. I keep saying I'm going to but I notice that I say it when I am full - after overeating :(

4:24 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Robin, it really is a *frame of mind*. I talk about *the switch has been flipped*...only happens once in awhile, so when it is switched, I have to go for it!! lol

8:26 p.m.  
Blogger Design.by.Kina said...

I do, I hate it! I hate it even though most people say to me that I'm thin. I hate it because it mocks me when I feel good about the way I look, or gives me a false sense of assurance that makes me want to eat bon bons! lol

11:15 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Javagirl...it is crazy how we have such warped perspectives of ourselves, isn't it? I can look back at photographs of myself when I was thinner...but thought I was still fat...sheesh, I would LOVE to be looking like that right now!! How on earth I thought I was fat is remarkable. I think we need to learn how to re-program our brains when it comes to that.

10:35 p.m.  
Blogger Design.by.Kina said...

You're right! It's a mind thing!

10:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home