Monday, January 15, 2007

Victory is MINE!!!!

Okay, it is a victory, but I am victorious in a battle...not the war. I spent four days at my in-laws this weekend. Big deal you might be saying. I will tell you, it IS a big deal. The woman can COOK! Not only can she cook, she can bake too. She is the model housewife. The reason I am victorious is because I completely stuck to my diet plan while I was there and did not eat one thing that I shouldn't have. I am SO pleased with myself. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and let you know the official numbers.

One of the most difficult things I have experienced in trying to lose weight over the years, is that events pop up that give me a *reason* to eat things I shouldn't. We tend to *celebrate* everything with food in our family. We have celebrated a bit too much over the years! I have decided to change my thinking. Instead of thinking that I have to celebrate events with food, I am choosing to celebrate in attitude. Having a good attitude about the event while eating something healthy can be more fulfilling than having an attitude of *I deserve to eat this cake*...in the long run, it is an investment in the future, more specifically, in my future health. The other benefit is that I do not feel guilty after the celebration is over.

I have also decided to change my thinking directly about food. Instead of thinking about all the foods that I am missing, I am really trying to enjoy the foods that I am choosing to eat. Being positive about the fruit, the low fat yogurt or the lean poultry is so much more empowering than bemoaning the fact that I cannot eat a greasy hamburger. It is all how you look at it, isn't it?

I read an interesting diet motto once....it said,
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.
I believe I agree with that...for the most part!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Good for you! I battle the most when I have to say no at parties, celebrations, and to food gifts given to us by our church folks. It is not an easy thing to say no during these times. Good for you!

10:49 p.m.  
Blogger Sue B. said...

Way to go!!!!!!Missed you guys(gals) on Sunday but it was a good day nonetheless:-) Hope you got back before the 'Big Snow'.

9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Sue B. said...

Way to go!!!!!!Missed you guys(gals) on Sunday but it was a good day nonetheless:-) Hope you got back before the 'Big Snow'.

9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Sue B. said...

Sorry for the duplicate...who knows how that happened?

9:49 a.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

We Christians can always come up with a reason to eat it seems! lol

Sue...the storm started while we were en route but we made it back safely. Nice to know we were missed!!

3:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home