Friday, January 26, 2007

Fast Food...or is it?


I do not know about any of you, but if you read my blog regularily, even though I am not so regular in my posting, you will know that I made a News Years Resolution to lose weight. To date, I have lost 17 lbs and I am feeling pretty good about myself! In my journey along the way, I have done some reading that led me to this horrific Fast Food Experiment that is posted on YouTube. If any of you have trouble staying away from Fast Food, or you just want to make yourself feel even better about already staying away from it...watch the the following video. Oh yes, show it to your kids too!! It will really make you think twice about stopping for a quick meal at the drive-thru...and it should make you feel really guilty as a parent!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEM0T1Ar5Qo

As to the title of my post...I don't think those fries could be classified as food at all!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

OK, tell us the secret. How are losing all that weight so quickly? I want to know.

10:55 p.m.  
Blogger Design.by.Kina said...

You are right about the non foodness of fries... I wish they did not taste so good!

10:34 a.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Julie...I have just cut back on my food intake and up until a week ago, I was exercising 30 mins a day. I stopped exercising because I got sick with a dreadful cold and just didn't feel I could do it...hard to exercise when you can't breathe! lol

The foods I am choosing to eat are all healthy, low fat, lower/moderate carb. I have cut out all whites, of course....sugar/bread/pasta/rice.

I am so thrilled because I am not even hungry anymore. Once you decide to do it, at least this is how it works with me, then it is like my brain has accepted the plan and we just keep going forward.

I am also drinking lots of water..about 2.5-3.5 litres a day (10-14, 8 oz glasses)...which probably also helps with making not feel hungry.

11:14 a.m.  
Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

Thanks for sharing your tips. I'm going to do likewise. Pray I get the same results (I would like to lose about 20 pounds :)!)

12:15 a.m.  
Blogger Just Me said...

Wow! 17lbs! I'm impressed...and I agree with the others - tell us how you did it! I haven't watched the movie yet from UTube...but I'm going to. In the mean time, share your secret...we are all ears!

4:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home