Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Every Calorie Counts!!


I have one last day in this month of January. This morning, I am still exactly 17 pounds down in my weightloss, from January 1st. I know I should be really happy about that but this past week has just dragged on without any further loss. I would have loved to have hit the 20 pound mark, you know what I mean?! Being sick as a dog hasn't helped though. I have kept my caloric intake down low, but I didn't exercise for the past week and a half because I was having a hard time breathing! Although I am still sick, I am going to get back at it today. I am hoping this cold is making an exit. The coughing and heavy breathing is still here but at least my face doesn't hurt anymore because of my sinuses.

Weight Loss Tip of the Day

Ice Water:

Drinking ice-cold water makes your body burn calories, because your body has to work to raise the temperature of the water to your body temperature.

Drinking an 8-ounce cup of ice-cold water burns 8 calories.

Drinking 8 glasses of iced water a day at 8 calories each = 64 calories burned per day.

Over a year, 64 calories burned per day equals 2.9 kilograms of lost fat.


I drink about 3 litres of water a day. Most of the water I consume is hot or warm. I have a tooth that is giving me grief if I drink anything too cold. I will try to add some ice water to my intake though to get a few extra calories burned!! lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home