Thursday, February 08, 2007

Praising God for His Blessings!!



Our minivan has been dying a long, slow, painful and expensive death. It has been resuscitated numerous times over the past couple of years. It is a 2001 Ford Windstar with 270,000 kms on it. We had a new engine put into it when it was less than 200,000 kms....mechanic said we had a lemon. Well....sour turned into sweet for us on Monday evening!!! To make a long story short....my dear old dad GAVE us $10,500 for a down payment for a new 2007 Pontiac Montana. Our monthly payments for financing are only $300, which is very reasonable. Without that down payment, we would have been looking at financing of about $600 a month....which we could definitely not afford.

I praise God for His provision.
I praise God that He saved my dad only a couple of years ago.
I praise God because I know this generousity is evidence of his true faith in Christ.

Matthew 7:9 says, "Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?"

I praise God that my father gave me such a glorious loaf of bread.
All praise to Him who gives us so much more than we could ever think or imagine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm so happy that God sent you such a wonderful blessing through your dad!

9:55 a.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Thank you, Julie! God is always so good to us, isn't He?

10:05 a.m.  
Blogger Sue B. said...

Rejoicing with you for the Lord's provision for a need!

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

Wow!!!!
That's awesome!
Praising God with you for meeting your needs through your dad.

10:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home