Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Another One Bites the Dust


I despise our egalitarian society. Why can't women be women and men be men? Why can't people just be happy and embrace their gender role without having to fight every thing around them? I know, I know...it is sin plain and simple. I have a sneaky suspicion that it might have something to do with this.

My rant today is pertaining to the Beefeaters of London, England. A 522 year old institution and tradition broken. Why? Because of feminism. Something tells me it is just not going to be the same experience, standing in from of the Tower of London when it is be *guarded* by a female Beefeater. Takes away the historic sense and definitely deprives the position of some major testosterone. Read about it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Yup! I get ya 'sister'!! I get frustrated with all this stuff....It's not like there aren't enough things in the world for women, that we have to make sure that we get to do every job men do. I know this might sound crazy..but I've often wondered if the issue is not 'equality' so much as jealousy/selfishness - I want everything YOU'VE got...Anyways...this could be a LONG comment..but rather than unleash a storm of controversy..I'll stop while I'm ahead! Good post - keep it up!

5:34 a.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Thanks coolmama!! I could have made that post into a much longer rant too!

3:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home