Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Battle of the Bulge


I have been dieting since New Years, or as I prefer to put it, eating healthy. So far, I have lost 9.6 pounds!!!!!! YAY for me!!! I have reduced my caloric intake drastically and I have started to exercise again. I drink 2.5-3 litres of water daily and basically deny myself anything really tasty! The results have been very favourable though and I will continue on. The Bishop has even hopped on the band wagon and has been trying to eat more healthy and has lost about 6 pounds, so he is feeling pretty good about himself too!

This photograph is something I found online in my search for dieting tips. Since I do not watch television, I just found out there is a reality show called Make Me A Supermodel, on which these two lovelies participated. Well, the woman on the left (Jen Hunter) was told she is too FAT since she is a size 12. A voluptuous, Marilyn Monroe'esque figure it seems to me. The girl on the right (Marianne Berglund), who is only 18, is emaciated and definitely underweight by medical standards...with a BMI (Body Mass Index) of only 16.1. A BMI of 18.5 or less is considered anorexic. Guess which one was praised and which one criticized?

Which one of these ladies do you think is most attractive? Personally, I am hoping to look more like the one on the left than the skeleton on the right, that is for sure!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

Oh my GOSH!! Please tell me the 'walking scarecrow' DID NOT get praised for how she looked in that bathing suit! Unbeleiveable! ( oh and 'hi' by the way! I do read you consistently, but just haven't always left comments, but today deserved one!) Good post!

3:55 a.m.  
Blogger Just Me said...

Oh my GOSH!! Please tell me the 'walking scarecrow' DID NOT get praised for how she looked in that bathing suit! Unbeleiveable! ( oh and 'hi' by the way! I do read you consistently, but just haven't always left comments, but today deserved one!) Good post!

3:55 a.m.  
Blogger Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I like the way you think.

10:58 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Thanks ladies for dropping by. And yes, the "scarecrow" got praised. I know it is shocking. We are a thin culture but my goodness, that is ridiculous. Women have curves, that poor girl has boney points! I think it is such a sad commentary on our society.

3:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home