Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cancer Kills

I am so sad to write about this. My Uncle has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. He is 64 years old. One of his older brothers also died of lung cancer a few years ago, at the age of 64. He has not smoked for years, but that really doesn't matter. It is in both lungs. The oncologist told him today that he is not hopeful. He is running some more tests next week in preparation for surgery. He plans on opening him up to take a look. The doctor said that if it ends up being what he expects...that he is going to just sew him back up again. Not encouraging words.

My Uncle is not a Christian. Over the past few years he has become more open to the things of God but to my knowledge, he does not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Please pray for him. Pray for healing of his body but more importantly, that God will save him.

4 Comments:

Blogger Traci Vanderbush said...

I'll be praying for your uncle. May he come to know Jesus in a very personal, powerful way.

12:17 a.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate all the prayers that go up on his behalf!

3:30 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add him to my list. What's his name?

Sue B.

1:13 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

You have it now!

2:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home