Friday, September 15, 2006

The League of Pastor's Wives


How marvelous....we have an entire *league* of Pastor's Wives. I have joined the honourable ranks of The League and now sport a blogroll of sister PWs who share their thoughts and keep their sanity by blogging.

I do not know these ladies and they do not know me. Some of us have seen each other on The Fishbowl, which is a message board for Pastor's Wives....but other than that, we are strangers. Although we are strangers we do have something in common...we are all married to Pastors. We have similar experiences that only sister PWs can truly understand. We each live in a fishbowl in different areas of the world, with different people peering in. We may be from different denominations, hold different doctrinal positions and worship in different ways...but we all can relate to one another because we are *the Pastor's Wife*. We wear the tag and live the life. We are blessed in ways that others do not know, we are lonely in ways that others cannot understand. We give our lives and our families to the service of the Lord as Pastor's Wives...all to the glory and honour of the Lord Jesus Christ.

I send greetings to my sister Pastor's Wives....please leave a comment so I know you have visited!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited! :) Just wanted to say I stopped by. Happy blogging!

6:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm a fellow pastor's wife and it's so funny I had a district meeting today with the other PWs! My PW friend and I decided that there are moments of Pastor Wife Syndrome- I'm sure you know the symptoms!

We had talked about our struggles and our joys as being PWs today and it was a blessing to be able to share those aloud.

Blessings to you and yours,
Jessica

9:47 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Hi MountainGirl and Jessica!

Oh yes, we probably have a wide variety of syndromes amongst us. One of the problems is that we are the people that can't share them with anyone! Our poor husbands. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

1:08 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Jan are you kidding me? I am one step up from the Flintstones. I am amazed that I even get things posted!! Half the time Blogger tries to keep me from posting pics too....which is weird.

Glad to see you online girl!

1:56 p.m.  
Blogger joannmski said...

Hi Mrs. Bishop! You have a very nice blog. I came to visit from the League of Pastor's Wives.

1:45 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Joann, thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet another League Member!!

I visited you too....looks like things are HOT over there.

3:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home