Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Creation/Evolution & Who is in Charge



I have a Bachelor of Science degree . I was saved in my first year of university so I was able to look at things as a new creation of Christ as I passed through those four years of education. One of my favourite classes was Evolutionary Biology. What a hoot! I did extremely well, even with the challenge of writing papers and doing exams without saying that I believed any of it. I recall giving a presentation infront of my classmates and a number of the biology professors regarding the age old mystery of the dinosaurs. After giving my presentation and showing all the data that I collected I gave two possible scenarios widely accepted by the scientific community at that time. Then that moment came...

Professor: So, which conclusion have you come to after your studies?
Me: I do not accept either one.
Professor: What do you mean?
Me: I believe there was a world wide flood and that is what caused the demise of the dinosaurs.
Professor: Ohhhhh. You are one of *those*, are you? How can a smart girl like you be one of *those*?! (Read distain and mockery into the word *those*)
Me: Yes, I am one of those. **sweet smile**

I ended up getting 95% on my paper and presentation....even if I am one of *those*.

I praise God that He created ex nihilo, out of nothing. I also praise Him because He is sovereign over all things, even the dinosaurs and what happened to them!!

Here is a fantastic Creation site....http://www.answersingenesis.org/

The Creation Museum is an outreach of Answers in Genesis, a non-profit ministry located near the Cincinnati International Airport, in northern Kentucky, USA. This 50,000 square foot facility will proclaim to the world that the Bible is the supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice and in every area it touches on. Scheduled to open in 2007, this “walk through history” museum will be a wonderful alternative to the evolutionary natural history museums that are turning countless minds against the gospel of Christ and the authority of the Scripture. Our family can't wait to go and visit this museum!! Read more about it here...http://www.answersingenesis.org/museum/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home