Monday, May 01, 2006

Can't Resist DaVinci



What?! You haven't read it yet? I was told about it over two years ago at a banquet where I brushed it off as pagan dribble. However, I was intriqued and challenged to find out more about it's contents. So, like a good bookclub member, I ordered The DaVinci Code plus I received Angels and Demons at a reduced price! For those who are not aware, Angels and Demons precedes The DaVinci Code chronologically in Dan Browns writings.

I am an avid reader and must confess that I actually enjoyed the book as a piece of fiction. It did anger me with the way it presented lies as fact, the way it could be used to mislead people into doubting the Scriptures and mistrusting the church. The distortion of church history and the lies that Dan Brown wove throughout the work. Those who lack discernment and those who do not know Christ as Saviour could experience a hardening of their hearts after reading this book. Now that I say that it really is curious how we are attracted to things like this. The early church fathers would be appalled that we can find entertainment in such heresies.

That was over a year ago and I find it fascinating that there is such a buzz now that the movie is coming out. Let's face it, Ron Howard directing and Tom Hanks starring = a blockbuster hit, right? I want to see the movie and so does The Bishop. We will not necessarily be heading out on opening weekend, but we will be there within the month of May.

Here is an interesting website for you to check out. DaVinci

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home