Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Pilgrim's Progress


The Pilgrim's Progress has been called the greatest allegory every written. Reading it is a must for every Christian. It is even more appealing now because it is available in plain, modern English. The Bishop brought it home from church and I saw it sitting in the living room. I picked it up and was hooked right away. I have read abridged versions and children's versions but this one is different. It is the full work in modern English but it also includes a colour timeline, detailed indexes, author biographies and illustrations.

Once I am finished reading it I believe it will become part of our homeschooling reading time together. The kids had enjoyed the childrens version that we have but they are now old enough to glean more truths from this modern version of the classic John Bunyan work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I have this book too! I am looking forward to reading it as I haven't read it since a child.

10:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home