Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hard Life Lessons


My 10 year old son's cat got out of the house last night. He is missing and is strictly an indoor cat. His name is Frisky. Five years ago this same son had another cat escape and was hit by a car and killed. He said this morning, "Why do all these lessons have to be with the things most precious to me?" It just broke my heart. Please pray for the return of Frisky...but also pray for my son's heart. He is a sensitive boy and feels things deeply. Pray that his faith will be strengthened during this hard time for him.

It is not just about a cat, although we love that silly feline...it is about my son's heart.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What an insightful question for him to ask.
Good time for all of us to be pondering about the things that are most precious to us. Jesus was most precious to the Father yet was given for us, how can we give up anything less?
Praying for God's will to be done, but hoping the cat comes back.

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

Praising God for His sovereignty here....
I couldn't sleep so I was doing a little Bible reading about the crucifixion. I had cracked the window open a little, just in case. Well, sure enough, at 3 am I heard the smallest *meow*. I am praising God that He brought Frisky back to us so quickly and that my son will wake to see how God answered his prayers.

Thank you for praying, Heather.

3:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home