Monday, March 13, 2006

Stick it to Them...


...Also known as Tomato Staking.

Anyone who has ever had a garden will be able to visualize what staking tomatoes is all about. It can be a wire cage, a wooden post, bamboo rods, whatever turns your crank. You set it up so as the tomato plant grows, thickens and begins to tilt from the weight, the tomato stake will keep it from falling over. It gives direction, guidance and a firm hand, as it were.

I have been following the posts about spanking on another blog found here
-->http://www.americanadiangirl.blogspot.com/ To spank or not to spank, do we punish or discipline or both, is spanking a tool of Satan?! Interesting conversation.

I have been aware of what is called *Tomato Staking* for a number of months because of my association with homeschoolers. There are a number of them who subscribe to such teaching and so I throw it out for your perusal. The principle for the above mentioned tomato plant is applied to the raising of children. For more detail check out this site --> http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com/
She has 10 children and counting so she must know something!

2 Comments:

Blogger J. Wendell said...

I used to grow tomatoes. Now am helping to grow my kids. BTW, since God chastens His kids in love, why wouldn't we want to imitate Him?

Good post,
brother John

4:33 p.m.  
Blogger the bishop's wife said...

John,

We definitely want to imitate our Father and we want to be molded into the image of our Lord Jesus Christ. I praise God that He loves me enough to chasten me!

Thanks for stopping by.

11:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home