Thursday, March 02, 2006

Stay at Home Moms Bad for Society

Stay at home moms vs working moms...the age old battle ground of many a woman.

Read it in full here

First quote:

An alarming number of college-educated women are leaving the work force to stay at home and raise their children, a trend that is a tragedy not only for the mothers, but ultimately their children and women as a whole.


To think that it would be considered a tragedy to have a woman actually care for her own children.

Second quote:

"We care because what they do is bad for them, is certainly bad for society, and is widely imitated, even by people who never get their weddings in the Times," Hirshman wrote. "This last is called the 'regime effect,' and it means that even if women don't quit their jobs for their families, they think they should and feel guilty about not doing it."


I was always under the impression that raising my own children was not only good for them, it was good for my family, my community and even my nation as a whole. How selfish of me to set aside my educational achievements, my career choice, my money, my time, my efforts for the sake of my children.
Remarkable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home