Saturday, June 10, 2006

Piece of History

When I was a child of about 10 or 12, I remember reading about the destruction of Pompeii. I was completely fascinated by it for some reason. Looking at those photos of artifacts, the forms of people and of animals preserved in a moment was astounding. It was a curiousity to me as a child but now as an adult Christian I understand more how God's sovereign hand played a role in that piece of history. Pompeii was destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in Italy in 79 AD.

Here is a wonderful website put together with a Christian perspective on Pompeii. It is a virtual tour and you can click through the pages, viewing actual photos and reading some great history.
Click here to visit it ---> http://www.thecolefamily.com/italy/pompeii/index.html#top


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home